Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Three Types of Students


            In the beginning of the year we all are prepared to do our best and to go above and beyond, doing far better than year before. I have always had this state of mind when I start school, but once I hit about the third trimester or a little before, I just give up. As sad as this sound it’s true, and I bet 80% of my class would agree with me. I think everyone will start off saying I am going to go right home and do homework, and I’ll get a GPA of 3.7 or higher, or say they are going to maintain all A’s. For some kids they will do this quite well, I call these kids Lucky Smart People, then there are kids that are Hardworking Smart People, and finally we have the I’m Just Going to Get Through It People.

            The Lucky Smart People are usually the kids you just want to strangle when the whole class takes a test, and no one studies, and they end up getting an A+. These kids usually have a 3.8 GPA or higher, probably 4.0. Even though I am one of these kids in most classes, sometimes it will come to a disadvantage. What I mean by disadvantage is that even though we are really smart naturally, we think that they can just get away without doing anything, so in turn we will sometimes fail and then not get our points. What I hate the most is when people complain (and I know I do this) and say “Ugh! I only got a B+”. I know that it frustrates people around us, but it just kind of happens naturally when we aren’t used to scoring like that.

            Now on the other hand there are Hardworking Smart People. I look up to these people so much because they have so much heart in school and they really deserve all that they get. I wish I could be as determined as them and actually do my homework the night before rather than in the class before it is due. These kids are so smart and motivated, but not lucky, and are definitely going places. But, just like the Lucky Smart People there is a down fall to this, and it can be socially or street smarts. I still idolize these people and just wish I could have the drive to do so well in school.

            Finally we have the I’m Just Going to Get Through It People. These people are usually the kids that come in looking like they would rather be somewhere else every day, and are the ones to say “There was homework yesterday?” or “Shit, the test is today?” Now we all have these problems, but the kids I am talking about have no drive and no problem failing out or getting a bad grade. I honestly have no clue how they do this, or whose parents would let them do this. I mean you have to do well, even in high school, to be successful in the future.

            I am guessing that by reading this, you found one that really fit you.  I also know that depending on the day, and class, I could fit into all of these categories.  The times where I am one of the I’m Just Going to Get Through It People, always tends to bite me in the butt later when all of a sudden I realize how crappy my grades are getting, like now.  My recommendation would be to stay in the first two categories whenever possible, if you really want to succeed in school.

605

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I did a blog exactly like this at one point xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I so do not remember that at all, but oh well(:

    ReplyDelete