Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring


It is finally Spring! Well kind of… I mean it was warm today but I think tomorrow it is going to be like 40 degrees again.  The weather today got me thinking about all the things I always have to do each Spring.  I’m sure that you probably have to do many of the same things, you might have not thought about it yet though.

1.      I found out today it is very important to make sure that your shorts and tank tops fit.  Unfortunately, or fortunately if you are looking at it differently, I lost a lot of weight since last summer and therefore none of my clothes fit.  Most likely you are going to want to try on some or all of your clothes just to verify that you will have clothes to wear when it warms up.  I would recommend taking whatever doesn’t fit to a local consignment store.  If you don’t know what that is, it is a store that will pay you money for your clothes and you can even do some shopping while you are there for clothes at discounted costs.  I went through my clothes today and next weekend I now have 3 large bags full of clothes to sell.

2.      Another thing it is time to start thinking about is your summer job, if you haven’t already.  If you worked somewhere last year, most likely they will send you a letter requesting you return again for another season.  If not, there are plenty of places that will hire you for seasonal work.  There are seed companies looking for pollinators and detasslers, garden shops looking for additional stockers and sellers, ice cream shops that are open only when the weather is warm, and cities looking for lifeguards and camp counselors.  There are plenty of jobs out there if you really try to look and search around.

3.      If you have a garden, it is probably time that you start making sure you have plants and seeds, and that your garden is ready to go.  This year it has stayed much cooler and therefore I have not been able to plant anything yet.  This is kind of worrying since most years I am planting radishes, carrots, and onions before now and I’m getting ready to plant other things.  I’m sure for other gardeners this is also concerning them as the growing season will probably be shorter this year than average, making things like melons difficult to grow.

Today got me thinking about Spring a lot more.  Maybe it got you thinking too and hopefully it will start to warm up more so that we can all enjoy the time of year.

447

No comments:

Post a Comment