Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Simple Dates


            I’m a high school girl, obviously, but I thought I would let you know just in case the title and username didn’t tell you that clearly.  I’m a girl that doesn’t have any care about money and I don’t really care for really extravagant things.  Yesterday I went on a date for the first time in months, and even though it was really simple, I had the best time I have had in a long time.

            My lovely date started off at a movie.  Even though it wasn’t a movie I would normally go to see (Scary Movie V) I still had a good time.  After spending two hours at the theater, he took me to get ice cream and we went to sit at a park for two hours just to talk.  The simplicity of the day left me smiling and I can’t wait for the next time.

            Some girls want their dates to get all dressed up with them, and take pictures.  I know girls that would expect flowers before going out, or maybe even jewelry.  The guy would then have to take her out to dinner at some fancy restaurant and then maybe a movie.  Personally, this date might be okay like a few times a year during a special event or special date, but I can’t handle the thought of going on these on a regular basis, plus they are expensive.

            My idea of a perfect date would probably take place in the afternoon rather than at night, but it would probably last into the evening.  I would want to start the day off with an old-fashioned picnic in the park, or on a farm somewhere.  I would probably prefer the farm picnic, so the rest of the date would work.  After the picnic, I would love to go four-wheeling for a few hours through the fields and just talk.  If the date was going well, I would want to stay until after dark to just look at the stars, maybe even light a fire and make s’mores.

            To me, simple is better.  I know not every girl would have the same opinion as me, but everything else just causes problems.  I love nature, and would want it to be just nature and the guy on my date.  If you think about it, a picnic is how it was done hundreds of years ago so why not now?  Simple will always be better.

407

No comments:

Post a Comment