Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dying Thoughts


            If you happen to live under a rock, you might not have heard about the whole Apocalypse and end of the world thing on December 21, 2012.  Well, it is December 23, 2012 so if you are reading this, you are a survivor!!! CongratsJ even though I didn’t really believe the whole end of the world thing, it was able to get me thinking about things (especially when I was driving on the snow and ice and I really thought I might die).  What if I actually was to die, not because of the end of the world, but maybe some crazy person, a freak disease, or even just driving to school or work?  I’m only seventeen years old, and I haven’t really finished living my life yet.

            For starters, it got my thinking about some friendships that well maybe I should try and repair.  It is hard enough living with regrets about how I have hurt some people I really care about, but I would hate to die thinking that some of those people really don’t like me.  You always hear people say things like, “I wish I could die and see who would go to my funeral” well I would hate to think that some of the people I care about the most probably wouldn’t even go, or care.

            Second, well my family and how they would be.  I wonder what would become of my brother and my Godson, and some of my younger cousins.  I think about how my parents would feel.  I would hope that someone would be there for them, but would there be?

            Third, like I said earlier, I’m seventeen years old and I want to grow up.  I want to go to college, get my dream job of being a Neonatologist.  Most important to me, however, I want to get married and have kids.  I love kids so much, and I want to be able to have some of my own.

            Fourth, I’m not as religious as I would like to be when I die.  I know that I am supposed to always be ready or whatever, but I’m not and I don’t know when I will be.  I think I am like a lot of teenagers in the fact that I only go to church because I have to, and well honestly I hate it.  Some of my best friends go to my church, but at the same time I don’t want to go, I think that they would all be ready but I still have my doubts.

            I guess, well like many teenagers, I’m not ready to die but I also know that it is the circle of life.  I would not be able to prevent my crazy driver hitting me while I walk along the side walk, but hopefully that doesn’t happen and I still have some time left.

479

3 comments:

  1. This topic seems to have some "new years resolutions" connections in it for me. What do I need to change (do/not do) in order to live each day as I should? So many things can make people think like this: new years, doomsday predictions, death/illness in someone close to us, tragedy on the news. I think these things are frequent, but I also think that most people DON'T change even though they think they should. Hmm... Why is that?

    Do your thoughts (in this post) inspire actual changes? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very enthused by your thoughts of your world ending. It will be interesting to see if we die next time they predict the world will end. What if it does?! That would be bad! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seemed to be a lot of bad things that took place in 2012 which made me take a second look at my life as you have. I would agree that there are many aspects of my life which I would like to change and that is something that I am actually trying to do and not just say. Your examples got me thinking about my own life and what I want to accomplish in it. Every day is a privilege, so making each one count is truly important.

    ReplyDelete