Sunday, December 2, 2012

December


December has arrived, but honestly it has felt like December for weeks.  This year it seemed like it got cold sooner, Christmas songs were starting in October, and Black Friday sales started on Halloween.  I may be exaggerating a little, but these things still really ought to wait until December.

Now that December has arrived, it is like 60 degrees outside, but just a few weeks ago it was in the 30s.  I know that we can’t really help the temperatures but I know it kind of through me off a little bit.  Now that it is December, I am ready for some snow but it went and warmed up which actually makes me kind of mad at Mother Nature.

This year on the radio they were talking about different artists releasing their Christmas albums it seemed like in October.  It may have been later but I know I was hearing Christmas songs long before Thanksgiving.  I know there are no Thanksgiving songs, but it is a separate holiday that needs to be celebrated before we can have all the Christmas music playing.

I was hearing about all the Black Friday sales and discounts at like the beginning of November this year.  If that isn’t bad enough, a lot of stores opened on Thanksgiving Day.  Like I said before, they are two separate holidays that deserve to be celebrated separately.  Not only that, I would hate to be the people forced to work on Thanksgiving, which is a federal holiday I’m pretty sure so even banks and stuff are closed, rather than spending time with their friends and family giving thanks.

Not to be mad at ABC specifically or anything either, but their new Countdown to 25 Days to Christmas.  Isn’t that whole idea a little redundant? A countdown to a countdown? I’m sorry, but stop playing Christmas movies in November because otherwise I get stuck watching them 10 times before Christmas gets here and they are making me want to vomit.

Don’t get me wrong.  I love Christmas.  I love buying my Godson cute little clothes and spending time with my family, but all this starting it in November means that it isn’t as special anymore.  Christmas is now here 1/6 of the year, which is really no fun.

Well December is here so I grant permission for snow (but no ice), Countdown to Christmas, Christmas music, and Christmas shopping to begin, even though almost all of that has already started anyway.

413

No comments:

Post a Comment