Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Shopping


            Every year Christmas rolls around and I think just about everyone is caught off guard.  This year I am especially scrambled and I am truly starting to wonder what happened to December.  Here we are, December 16th and I basically just started my Christmas shopping.  I have found that this last minute shopping is both good and bad, and I will go into that in a little more detail in a little bit.  However, I am getting a little worried since I still don’t know what to get some people on my list and I really only have one more week.

            Where I live, all the stores to do your Christmas shopping are basically in 2 areas.  I hate driving in traffic, and you can imagine that getting this close to Christmas these areas are nuts! It also really doesn’t help that the mall nearest my house is right off of a highway, so not only do you have the shoppers but also everyone just driving down the highway.  Once you do get to the store you are going to, or the mall, you have to try and find parking which can sometimes be a nightmare.  Me, being the teenage driver I am, usually just drives to the very back of the lot and pulls in since I still can’t park my car very well but at this time of year most likely there are cars there too which is very frustrating for someone who can’t park with a car on both sides of theirs.

            Another bummer about going shopping this close to Christmas is that many things are already picked over.  I’m not saying that stores are out of everything but you can’t necessarily get the color you were planning on getting or you might have to order it, it seems like a lot more frequently than the years I started my shopping sooner.  I know today I was trying to find a certain outfit in Newborn but ended up having to get it in 0-3 months instead because the color I wanted to get was out of the smaller size.  Just little things like that make waiting a bad idea.

            I’m not trying to say that waiting this late to do my shopping was a bad idea, however.  I have found a lot of good deals and stores have been sending me a lot of coupons for bigger and bigger discounts the closer we have gotten to Christmas.  Waiting also has allowed me to get more ideas as to what to get some people, every year it always seems like someone tells me something else I could get them after I already bought something so it eliminates a lot of that.

            I’m not sure whether I will wait on my Christmas shopping again.  I know that it was not something that I necessarily planned on doing but instead kind of just happened.  I think that if you are somebody who doesn’t mind traffic or that extra- long line at the store, it would be cheaper to wait rather than buying everything right away at the beginning of December.

520

No comments:

Post a Comment