Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snow!!!(:


            In case you didn’t read my first post, I live in Iowa.  Living in Iowa means that every year it is inevitable that at some point we will get snow.  Now that it is December 9th we have finally received that first, long awaited snowfall.  The response among those I know has been very mixed; some are excited while others are glad it has almost all melted away already.

            This morning when I woke up, I was one of those excited people.  The first thing I did was run to my window and look at the snow, then run to my phone and tweeted in all caps how it was snowing outside.  To me, the weather is only right for snow a few months out of the year so why not embrace it and enjoy it.  Only when there is snow can I go sledding and skiing which I love to do.  I really wish that I hadn’t been stuck in here doing homework all day because I would have gone sledding this morning even though it was only a small amount of snow on the ground.

            Then there was the people complaining about the snow, I know one of my friend’s responses was, “dammit”.  I guess, you have chosen to live here and have to accept the weather that this area and region bring so if you can’t embrace and enjoy it, move away so we don’t have to hear all of your complaining.  I understand that driving is more difficult with snow and ice, but you probably on average spend 45 minutes a day maximum driving so if you were to allot just a little bit of more time to driving each day, it would help tremendously.  I know snow is also very cold and wet, so get a movie, some blankets, and a cuddle buddy and watch a movie to keep you toasty warm.

            I’m not a fan of the cold and wet that winter brings, I really don’t know anyone that is, but at the same time it does no good to complain about it so embrace it.  Find ways to make the most of the snow.  Gather some friends and go sledding or skiing.  If you don’t enjoy the thought of going outside, stay home and bake cookies, watch movies, or knit blankets that you can donate to a local shelter for the holidays.  Just remember that summer will come againJ
 
406

No comments:

Post a Comment