Thursday, December 13, 2012

Teacher Domination


            I am starting to wonder whether all my teachers may secretly be out to get me.  I have had this growing suspicion for a while, but this week my fear has increased.  Ever since this term started about 3 weeks ago my teachers have lulled me into a false sense of security by giving me no homework, and well I have liked it.  This week has been much different.  I guess, in all honesty, I did know long in advance about many of the assignments I have and could have done them ahead of time but procrastination got the best of me instead!

            This is the first week where I have felt truly sick but my teachers have made it virtually impossible for me to miss or get any sleep for that matter.  Honestly, everyone at my school is sick but we all still feel the need to keep coming to school because of all the homework getting piled on us; if we were to miss right now, we would never catch up! I did learn a very valuable lesson this weekend though… Never share a drink, even with your best friend, during cold and flu season because she will end up with the flu the very next day and BAM you are already sick!!!

            Last night I had to work too.  Now it is very unusual for me to have to work during the middle of the week (I work at a professional hockey stadium) so this has thrown me off tremendously.  Not only did I have to work on a Wednesday night, it was a night I had asked for off but not been granted because I knew just how much it would truly throw off my entire week, so I was not very happy the entire time I was working.

            I’m a wrestling cheerleader too, so it is kind of expected that I will have practice on Monday night and a meet every Thursday night.  I do try to plan my schedule and studying around that, but it never seems to happen so tonight being Thursday, I’m going to have fun.

            Back to the teachers being out to get me, they seem to have picked the busiest week to schedule their tests.  Not only do I have one or two tests, I have a test for almost every class.  I’m starting to wonder whether teacher collaborate and plan all their tests for the same day just to stress us all out, because it works and with tests comes assignments so I’m going to have fun tonight.

            I really think teachers pick our busiest weeks, talk to everyone else and place all their tests and assignment due dates in a 3 day span from everyone else.  Like I said before, yeah I could have worked on some of these assignments ahead of time but I was sort of busy then and didn’t see all the other teachers all of a sudden throwing everything in too.

           
497

1 comment: