Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Blown Away Tour"


            Somewhere around 8 months ago my mom told me what my birthday present was, even though my birthday was a week ago, and ever since I have been counting down the days until December 14, 2012.  My mom got me tickets to go see Carrie Underwood and Hunter Hayes in Des Moines, Iowa which is only about 2 hours from my house (for all my stalkers).  Since she got them only 3 minutes after preorders for tickets opened up it means we have really good seats, and I am really excited.

            Carrie Underwood is of course the main act and this is just one of her shows on her “Blown Away Tour”.  I have been a big fan of Carrie Underwood since she first began recording when I was little and I was very excited to get tickets to see her in concert, and it was like a dream come true.  I love her music and have spent years singing along to it, and I have all her albums on my iPod, even the ones I had on CD before.

            Hunter Hayes is the opening act to the tour.  When my mom bought the tickets I had never even heard of him and she never mentioned him being the opener.  He had not released an album until October of 2011, which ended up including a Top 20 Country Single and two Number 1 Singles alone.  So, by this last August I was dying to see Hunter Hayes in concert too and when I happened across the information that he would be the opener in the “Blown Away Tour” I was thrilled.  He was gone from barely heard of, to everyone wants to see him in concert, and Hunter may only be 21 but he has said that he can play over 23 different instruments, some of which I have never even heard of.  I constantly see his name on twitter and there has even been a few times where he has been trending.  He truly has quite a bright future ahead of him.

            I only have 5 more days until my long awaited birthday present, and I can’t wait.  You can bet that I will probably be writing another blog post about the concert again next week.

477

No comments:

Post a Comment