Thursday, December 6, 2012

Best Friends


            I want to talk about your best friend.  Sometimes you don’t even know who your best friend may be until they are gone.  I know for me it took a really tough situation for me to find who my real friends were and who those were that I needed to just get rid of.  It took me losing someone very near and dear to me to figure out who was really there for me and who really wasn’t.  Since then, I have still found some people unworthy to be called my friends.

In high school I have found it very common to lose friends over boys, and I have too, but I find that really stupid. I don’t think that a guy should ruin a great friendship because odds are that guy will only last a few weeks while your friend could last a lifetime.  My friends, in the past, that made guys that big of a deal have ruined our friendship, but I really don’t find them that important.  I had a best friend who really liked one guy still, even though they had broken up, in fact she even said she loved him but it turned out that instead he liked me, and even though I valued our friendship enough to turn him down, she hated me for it and it ruined our friendship completely.  I don’t think that boys should be allowed to get into friendships, because they will ruin them no matter how much you say they won’t.

Rumors are also another good way to lose friends in high school.  Girls especially are really good at starting things, such as rumors, to get back at people, which can sometimes be taken too far and ruin friendships.  I lost my entire group of friends about half way through freshman year because of some rumors started about me and they still tend to start even more about me.

During high school I have found someone I can call my best friend, even though many times I don’t think they call me their best friend.  To me a best friend is understanding and nice, who wouldn’t judge you but that you could tell anything too without them getting mad.  You should be able to go to your best friend when you have problems and talk to them about it, and have them listen before providing their own input but at the same time help you talk through them.  Your best friend would tell you when they are mad and be there, always by your side, through all the hard times.

431

1 comment: