Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Bored List!!!:)


Have you ever been really bored? Like so bored and you don’t know what to do? In case you haven’t read all my other posts, most notably the post titled “Who Am I?” (I know I would not have taken the time to read all my posts), than you might not know that I live in Iowa, so I live in Iowa. Everyone always says that Iowa is the most boring place ever and that we are all farmers, of course this is not all true. Living in Iowa for the past 16 years of my life (that’s my whole life) I have found what to do when you are bored. I have also decided to share some of these ideas with you.

Living in Iowa, there are plenty of corn fields. If you are ever bored, you could always go walk in a corn field. Now for all you people that live in places other than Iowa, I am sure there is always a wheat, oat, bean, or rice field. When in doubt, you could always walk on some sand. Now for some people walking through a corn field all by yourself would be kind of boring and I’m trying to help you not be bored so bring some friends. If you enjoy scariness, than try walking through a corn field at night, or you and a few friends could even act out “Children of the Corn”, if you are children, otherwise don’t try, it won’t work.

            The next thing I enjoy doing is going for joy rides.  This is obviously not the most cost effective option, and if you are super concerned about the environment, this may not be the best choice for you.  While riding around town you can always blast your movie super loud.  I enjoy country music but my boyfriend prefers rock, so it is basically just whatever you enjoy listening to.  You could always drive around the same neighborhood over and over again, but then you may have the cops called on you especially if you drive a white van.  Otherwise you can drive around town or around in the country, looking at the corn and soybean fields.  During the drought this last summer, I especially enjoyed the last option but I also am a super freak and liked to be able to identify cornfields that were just not going to make it until harvest.

            If it is raining, you could always make friendship bracelets then give them to all your friends.  I generally do this during long car rides instead, but only when someone else is driving.  Or you can always play a board game.  I know this seems like something only a loser would do, which is true, but it’s still okay.  They are called board games because they are for bored people, which if you are following my advice you are supposed to be bored.

            There are actually only two things on this list I would actually suggest doing.  If you know me well, you will know which two they are, otherwise you can guess.  So the next time you are bored, try one of these and I promise you will no longer be bored.
 
534

2 comments: