Sunday, September 30, 2012

Homecoming!!!:)


            As I previously posted, my school had some new rules at this year’s homecoming.  Some people have viewed the opinion that they felt the dance was better than in previous years for fear of getting kicked out.  However, many of these views were said by those who left the dance relatively early.  I stayed until shortly before the end and the only difference I saw from previous years was that teachers began to push more to get to the center of the dance floor and that there seemed to be fewer students present.

            Personally, I know someone who got in trouble 6 times for inappropriate dancing.  She got in trouble for doing things on the list, that I previously posted, that was supposed to result in being asked to leave the dance.  However, she never did get removed from the dance.  I also saw many other students dancing against the rules but nothing was really done about it.  Some teachers would go up and ask them to stop, and they would for a little bit but ultimately it would just continue.

            I think that the new rules kept some students from going to the dance at all.  I believe the rules may have scared some of the freshman and they may have chosen to not attend the dance then.  I think some students also decided that they would probably just get kicked out so they didn’t even bother.  I also know some students who were coming to get pictures taken to give to their parents and then left to hang out with friends.

            A few complaints about the dance, I feel as though there should be more slow songs played.  Yes there is the group of people that get mad every time there is a slow song, but a lot of couples do attend the dance.  I know I would have appreciated getting to slow dance a little more with my boyfriend.  Another one would be the strobe lights.  A few times would be okay, but they can also get really annoying.  I have a friend who has epilepsy and strobe lights can set off seizures so she would never be able to go to our dance, and I know there must be some epileptics at my school.  I also have a genetic condition that causes tremors, and the strobe lights were giving me a headache and making my tremors very bad even though I did make sure to take my medicine.

            All and all, I enjoyed the dance and I think the idea behind the rules was good.  Although, I do think that they need to have a little bit better enforcement of them or they will never be followed.  However, I probably will go to WPA and I certainly will be going to my senior homecoming next year.

470

No comments:

Post a Comment