Sunday, September 16, 2012

Surprise Parties!!!


            Surprise! I have always wanted to hear those words as I walk through the doors on my birthday.  It would be awesome to have a surprise birthday party in my favor.  In order to have a surprise birthday party, someone or a group of people have to care enough to do a party in your honor, the way you would want, but without you knowing.

            I want one of those surprise parties where the cars are all hidden, and you have no idea until the moment they jump out at you and you almost pee your pants.  My parents even told me that they went to a surprise party where the girl ran out of the room screaming.  At the same time, I don’t want to be so surprised that I show up at my party in something like my pajamas.  I would want to have a warning, such as a dinner or something, so that I would look good for pictures.

            I also think it would be awesome to be in charge of a surprise party for someone I cared about.  To plan for everything, send out all the invites, and then see their face when you surprise them and know you caused that would be great!  In fact, this entire post is making me think I should do this now, for the next birthday person I know.

            I want to give a few hints for all you surprise birthday party throwers, make people car pool, and hide the cars.  If the person you are surprising recognizes a car, it can ruin everything right before the party begins.  Also, make sure everyone knows it is a surprise and if inviting younger children, don’t tell them ahead of time, just have their parents bring them that night.  Nothing ruins a surprise like when the youngest cousin tells them they are going to their surprise party, and many times a younger child doesn’t understand they can’t tell the birthday person.  One more hint, hide the pizza.  Tonight, I went to a surprise birthday party, and the birthday girl thought it was very strange there was a huge pile of pizza on the table, and knew something was up.

            The most important things to remember, have fun and don’t ruin the surprise!!!

380

1 comment: