Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Winter 2012/2013 Trends I Don't Understand Completely....


            The other day my friend showed up wearing a sweater and shorts.  Personally, this seems very weird and wrong to me, and I know other people asked him about this too.  This got me to thinking about how it seems like every year the trends get weirder and weirder and yet we grow to except them, even if at the beginning we couldn’t stand them.

            So I am going to go back to my beginning thought of guys wearing shorts and a sweater. Apparently it is a new trend being started to show the masculine side of guys.  A guy is supposed to be able to wear shorts and therefore stand the cold when he is really freezing or something like that.  To me, that just seems stupid and I don’t find the look of wearing shorts and a sweater attractive, even if it was my boyfriend wearing it.

            The next trend I don’t get I am guilty of because honestly I find it cute, even though I don’t really understand it.  The idea this year of girls wearing short sweaters is sort of confusing.  Aren’t sweaters supposed to be warm?  The sweaters this year are loose on the bottom and come to about the belly button, while pants come just above the hips.  There is generally a few inch gap left between the top of the pants and the bottom of the sweater where skin is revealed and therefore would not be protected from the cold, frigid winter air.  Doesn’t that make the whole sweater pointless?

            The last trend I would be guilty of if I had the money to go out and buy the clothes required because honestly I like it.  This trend has made a return appearance from last year; it is the trend of wearing leggings with Uggs.  Let’s be honest, leggings are not pants, but most of us girls still wear them because they make you look pretty good to guys (unless you are on the large side because then I am begging that you do not, I repeat do not do this) and then we wear a sweatshirt with them because the “full effect” is still there for guys.  Yep I said it.  The trend, however, is not complete without a pair of Uggs which I think every girl in the US has had at some point except for me (Christmas present?).  In the winter this seems like it would be warm, but unless you spend a lot of money on warm leggings, chances are they are still probably pretty cold so I really just don’t understand the whole point in wearing them except to impress guys, and probably not the right kind of guys.

            Alright, well that is enough of me telling you guys about new fashion trends and I even gave some relationship advice. Wow.  But if there is a guy that wants to explain the whole sweater with shorts thing that would be great because I just really don’t get it at all. ThanksJ

 
503

No comments:

Post a Comment