Saturday, October 27, 2012

2012 Halloween Costume Trends



Zombies
Well Halloween is supposed to be scary and one of this year's top Halloween costume trends is zombies!!! Now the exact reason for this trend is unknown, I think it is probably due to the whole zombie apocalypse thing.  All the kids these days just know they need to be ready if zombies ever attack, and the best way is to just fit in.



Pirates
Ever since the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies, pirate costumes have always been a very popular trend so the fact that it would make the list again is no surprise.  I have no problem with the pirate idea but at the same time I feel like it is very old and over used and would personally never wear it.
 
 
 
 
 
Harry Potter Characters
I know that Harry Potter is popular and all but I thought that the last movie came out in 2011 or something like.  Wouldn't that mean that Harry Potter is sort of out of date like the whole pirate costume idea?  I love Harry Potter, but I think that it is sort of like last year's trend in my opinion.
 




Superheros
The reason for the trend of superheros is a little more obvious.  The two most popular movies released in the past year were "The Avengers" and "The Dark Night Rises", both of which featured many popular superheros only increasing the love of already popular figures in American culture.




Power Rangers
I don't get it, plain a simple.  At the same time, I never really understood the popularity of the show to begin with, and was there ever even a movie?  I don't know why it would be popular again though since as far as I know there isn't even a new movie or even any new episodes out so it seems out of date.
 
 
 
 



 
Morph Suits
I guess to me a morph suit isn't really isn't even really a costume.  I guess it is a costume, but it isn't really staying with the whole theme of Halloween.  Most people dress as something scary or a movie character or something, and don't just cover their entire body in one tight color.  I think this trend is being worn mostly by boys though, so I guess I really don't have to understand this trend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clown Costumes
You will never, ever, ever find me in a clown costume.  However this new found popularity is due to the new movie "Madagascar 3" in which all the animals use a circus to get home (I have previously blogged about it.)  I guess if you are the entertaining- type of person, this may be the costume for you.
 
 
 
 
 
This post was inspired by http://saaaammmm.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-costumes.html  it is a friend of mine's blog.
 
 
470
 
Web Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment