Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yay! Ice


            My week has been full of ice.  I am just being dead serious, and I really don’t like it.  This past Monday I went ice skating with some friends and today we have are receiving some freezing rain.  After last weekend in Florida, this week has just been…. Well…. Cold.

            My hate of the ice started on Monday ice skating which I had not done for a long time. I think the last time I had gone out on the ice was 7th grade.  I did learn that it is probably a good thing I am flexible since I did the splits numerous times when I didn’t want to.  I also learned, never be the worst ice skater in your group.  If you are the worst one, you will get targeted and pushed over, I still have the bruise on my knee to prove it, and it hurts.  Even though it was painful, I do enjoy ice skating, and where I live it is actually really cheap to go.  If the public skate hours work for you, I would recommend going because it is a lot of fun and only $5 with a skate rental included.

            Today it is freezing rain, which I wouldn’t really mind too much if it was say like a Monday since then school would be cancelled but nope.  It is the weekend.  Whenever we have freezing rain (which is usually only once or twice a year) you are generally stuck inside for one or two days depending on how bad it is and can’t go anywhere.  I really wish that this had come on a week day so school would have been cancelled since I’m really behind on sleep and homework, rather than a day that I had to get up and work on my homework anyway.

            The bad news about freezing rain is, if it gets too thick, and the wind starts blowing, out goes the power.  Where I live, we don’t lose the power very often and I really hope we don’t.  It would be really cold in my house if we lost power right now, and my heated blanket I am under would turn off making me want to cry.

            I guess the last thing, people. The roads right now are like the ice skating rink I was on on Monday.  If you have any brains at all, and I mean any, don’t drive. Just be smart.  Stay safe out there.

409

No comments:

Post a Comment