Sunday, January 13, 2013

Traveling


            I hate traveling.  I’m not kidding when I say that.  I’m going to Florida in 4 days and my only excitement is the fact that I will miss one day of school, 2 days of work, and I will be wearing shorts.  Now I’m not an idiot and I have very specific reasons for hating traveling:

1.      I am scared to death of heights.  Now on driving trips this is not really a problem except while crossing the Mississippi River (I close my eyes) but this time we are taking a plane and it might cause a panic attack.  I’m usually okay once we get flying but this time I will be flying alone on the return trip, so if I manage to drag myself on that plane I might just be crying.

2.      I hate packing.  I’m not the kind of person that you could really call organized.  When I am forced to plan all my outfits for an extended period of time, it causes problems.  Not only that, I generally have to do laundry before I leave and as soon as I get home so that I even have clothes to wear.

3.      My family is cheap.  Let’s be honest, the first night in Florida we are sleeping in our car.  I am not very happy about how cheap my parents are being with this whole thing.  I know that our lunches every day will be sandwich meat (which I hate) and we generally stay in super cheap hotels.

The good news with this trip is that my parents are not returning when I do so my grandparents will be with my brother and me.  I do happen to like this part since my grandma makes really good food and tends to spoil us.  I guess I can make it through the trip knowing that is what is waiting for me when I get backJ

317

No comments:

Post a Comment