Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Like Work Out!"


            Exercising, I know I don’t like doing it and I doubt that you do either.  At the same time, it is an important part of a teenager’s life in order to stay healthy and live a long life.  Sometimes it is difficult to find the motivation to work out, actually most of the time, but there are a few ideas I can give you:

1.      If you like to dance, try doing Zumba! Zumba is a fun new exercise that works a lot on the core.  You can do it by buying it for your Wii or some other video game devices, and many places offer classes, such as gyms and I know my dance studio also does.  You spend 20, 30, 45 minutes, or however long you want dancing to Latin and current songs.

2.      Well if you like to sing, why not play some music and sing while working out.  Not only does it allow you to have fun, if you are running or jumping, it can help you set a beat.  The music can help you keep your mind off of exercising, and instead having fun.

3.      The biggest excuse for me has always been that I will be missing my favorite show.  However, I have learned many things to keep me from missing out such as: running on the treadmill, riding a stationary bike, and doing crunches.  While running on the treadmill try walking at a quick pace during your show, and running or sprinting during the commercials.  If you aren’t into the whole running thing, you can always bike at a steady pace throughout the length of your show; or doing crunches and other abdominal work outs during the commercials.

4.      If you are trying to build muscle, try weightlifting, but don’t do the same work out every day.  There are so many different things to do while weightlifting that it is hard to get bored.

I know what you are probably thinking. I am too busy.  I have too much homework (and honestly I have read my textbooks while riding a stationary bike).  But if you stop and think about it, most likely you can think of 30 minutes in your day where you could squeeze in working out.  Think about it.  How much time do you spend sitting in front of the TV every day?   Use that time instead to work out and stay healthy.  As one of my friends said, “Like work out, don’t be fat!”

414

No comments:

Post a Comment