Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Resolutions


            Lately I have begun to wonder whether it is possible to make February Resolutions, like New Year’s Resolutions…. Personally, I have never even made a New Year’s Resolution; honestly, I know I would never keep them.  However, recently I have made a lot of changes in my life and going into this new month there are some things that I want to change back.

1.      I would love to get rid of my recently acquired, killer procrastination skills.  I know these are some skills that not everyone has, but they have gotten so bad that I am frequently doing my homework the weekend after it is due.  I wouldn’t be so worried about this skill since it has actually been quite nice, but my grades are really starting to reflect this….

2.      Can I sleep more? I think this is something every teenager wants, but I’m a crazy teenager that doesn’t even sleep in on Saturdays.  I go to bed most nights around 11 and during the week get up at 5, and on the weekends around 7.  Basically, this means that during the week I am getting around 6 hours of sleep and I am usually exhausted.  I would like to be going to bed earlier, and I might have to start shutting my phone off at night.

3.      To make my parents happy, I really need to start saving more of my money.  Right now I am living paycheck to paycheck.  If I stop eating out so much, I could probably save about a quarter of every paycheck to put in savings, rather than needing to take money out of my savings two days before I get every paycheck.

 

I guess, I’m not really sure whether it is socially acceptable to make February Resolutions…. I just know that it would be way too long until the time came where I could make some New Year’s Resolutions.  If your resolutions you made aren’t working out, try making some of your own February Resolutions, it might make me feel better about my craziness.

343

No comments:

Post a Comment