Sunday, March 17, 2013

Family Vacations


            Family vacations. What more do I need to say?  As a teenager I, along with countless other teenagers, dread the time spent alone with their family and away from their friends.  Here I am, on Spring Break, and instead of partying with my friends I am sitting in a hotel room with my parents and brother.  Honestly, there are so many things that I wish I was doing right now, and this is not one of them.

            I am sitting at a place known as FunCity, and I have so far, for the most part, not been able to find the Fun part in it.  Sure, this place is great for little kids, and especially younger boys, but I can’t get into the idea of swimming with my family and playing laser tag against my brother.  The only savior this entire trip has been the fact that one of my friends just happened to be here at the same time with his family, it sort of saved the entire trip for me.

            I feel as though a plea should be made to all parents not to force their teenagers to partake in family trips if they don’t want to.  Not only has it been completely boring for me, my parents have also told me to shut my phone off.  Parents, a teenager away from their friends and forced to give up their phone will always be a grump, not matter what so don’t do it to them.

            Teenagers, if you are forced to go on one of these family trips, at least try to enjoy it.  Don’t be constantly on your phone but rather just occasionally check it.  Participate in the activities with your family, no matter how stupid they may be, or how “uncool” they might make you; I can guarantee your parents will appreciate it.  I know these trips suck, trust me, but pretend for the sake of everyone in your family.

            My parents will always be those parents that don’t think that any friends should be included in a family trip.  If you have parents from mine, try talking them into letting a close cousin come with instead, so maybe you have someone to do stuff with when no one else in your family wants to do the same stuff as you.  There is always some way that a trip can be made entertaining, even if you don’t think there is a way, so be creative and have fun.  Try smooth talking your parents into something, or tell a friend to go with their family at the same time, you never know, they might actually do it.

440

No comments:

Post a Comment